Saturday, October 21, 2006

Race For The Cure!


Today me, my mom, my oldest daughter, my sis-in-law and my nephew did Race for the Cure! It was probably my 8th time but my mom and daughters first ever. They loved it! My mom had her camera and took pic after pic. She had a great time and so did Marcela. I do it twice a year. It just feels so great to know you are helping and it is litterally a Sea of People. Mostly women but the amount of men grows ever year. The are dogs and babies and it is just amazing. The people that live in the houses on the route come out and cheer you on. You see women who are dealing with breast cancer right now and you see survivors. You can see the "sea" of people going around the corner. Awesome! Some of our politicians...ahem...I mean cheerleaders

Me (on the left) at the finish. We actually started at 15 min so it took us an hour.

Me and Marcela afterwards.

We had a great time and then we went to eat breakfast at our favorite place because we were HUNGRY! There were lots of other walkers there. It's funny when you see someone out on the town the day of the race, it's like you know them. Kinda cool. I think most people leave their Race shirts on all day. I know I do. It's a pride thing I guess. It takes a lot for me to feel proud of myself. To feel that I have accomplished something. But this does it for me everytime. I hope that Race for the Cure will not last much longer. I love it but if there is no more Race for the Cure, then breast cancer HAS been cured. I hope it is very soon. Until then, I will walk.

No comments: