Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My DOCTOR???

I just called my neurologist office to get samples of my migraine medicine. The nurse told me that my doctor was no longer in practice and that she'd had a stroke. She lost all mobility on her right side and she no longer remembers English. She only remembers Indian which is her native language. I am just shocked. MY doctor is the one helping me and the one telling me that I need to do Yoga if i really want to feel better. what was SHE doing to take care of herself? She seemed healthy to me. Did she have high cholesterol? Did she not stay fit? I hung up the phone and just started crying. I really like her a lot and she has been my doctor for over 3 years. ever since i got injured on a water slide. Helping me with my back injury from that, Fibromyalgia and migraines. They have assigned me a new doctor. Is he good? Does he know my case like she does? She is an awesome doctor! Why did this happen to her?
My mom had a T.I.A. earlier this year and that was a wake up call for her and she has been exercising and lost weight and doing so much better. Was my doctor ever given a warning like that? It really makes you wonder. Are our doctors taking as good care of themselves as they advise us to do?

No comments: